Acupuncture Session with a Fertility Focus
Initial Intake includes:
- Oriental medicine systems initial intake
- Constitutional assessment
- Assessment of menstrual cycle: historical and current
- Pregnancy and familial history: historical and current
- Health history: inclusive of medications, injuries, surgeries, prior conventional medicine diagnoses
- Beginning examination/collection of pertinent lab work and procedural reports*
- Examination of pulses
- Modified physical exam as is applicable
- Customized/individualized acupuncture treatment.
- Estimated session time is 60-90 minutes, depending on complexity of health history
If you are considering acupuncture, cupping and taking Chinese/Asian herbs as a complement to your fertility objectives, I would recommend it.
My wife and I were nearly 80% completed in the process of fertility options when we took the extra step of including acupuncture. My wife’s mother had strongly recommended it. Any skepticism I might have had regarding acupuncture was dwarfed by the impact that not having children would have been.
So, back in 2004/5, my wife and I began a program of acupuncture, herbs and cupping with Dr. Miki Shima and Karen Reynolds. We followed our directions while at the same time we went to church more often and we were going to the Pacific Fertility Center in SF. A few months later we were pregnant with twins.
We believe it all contributed to our successful outcome. Today, our twin 10-year old boys are perfect healthy, awesome, smart kids.
~Male, 54 years old. Marin County. You can call me through Karen.
Acupuncture Session Return Sessions with Fertility Focus
** Applies to existing patients who have previously completed Initial Intake appointment
- Review of status
- Customized/individualized acupuncture treatment
- Estimated session time is 60 minutes
If you would like to explore how acupuncture can benefit you with your fertility issues and getting pregnant, please contact Karen to book an appointment.
*Please note: it is ideal to provide copies of prior lab work and reports, and I also can independently order lab work, as is needed. Click here to learn about using your insurance for our acupuncture services.
I will never be able to thank Karen enough for her work in helping me get pregnant.
After only a few months of treatments my once intermittent and elusive menstrual cycles started to become routine. She placed acupuncture points that also relieved the stress and anxiety I was feeling from the conversations my husband and I were having evaluating IUI and other medical fertility treatments.
Karen instilled a calming sense of patience and optimism and I was overjoyed to share the news with her when I became pregnant shortly after my cycles regulated. I continued treatments throughout the pregnancy to help me with the insomnia and back labor, meanwhile she did points to aid in the growth and overall health of the baby.
We welcomed a healthy, strong and beautiful baby boy last Spring and will be forever grateful to Karen for helping make us a family.
– Erica, Mill Valley